Donate money not a #NoHairSelfie

FullSizeRender(8)

The last few days my Twitter feed and Facebook page have been abuzz with posts about #NoHairSelfie. What is that you may ask? February 4 is World Cancer Day and this #NoHairSelfie movement (if you can call it that) wants people to either shave off their hair so they are bald or take a picture [...]

Breast cancer resources for young mothers

breast cancer resources for young mothers toronto gta

When a young mother receives a breast cancer diagnosis, her entire life changes in that very moment. Everything as she knows it will never, ever be the same. That mother will now have to add one more task to her daily to-do list; fighting cancer. There are so many resources out there and different organizations [...]

See ya later 2015

FullSizeRender(7)

This is not the post I ever would have imagined writing when 2015 started. I thought I would be writing about the mundane things I did this year and reflecting on what I can do better in 2016. No one could have predicted that my little, happy life would be shaken up like it was [...]

Cancer doesn’t care

cancerdoesntcare

Cancer doesn’t care that I’m young Cancer doesn’t care that I have young kids Cancer doesn’t care that I still have a lot of living to do Cancer doesn’t care that I wanted to have more kids Cancer doesn’t care that my life has been on hold Cancer doesn’t care that this is unfair for [...]

My breast cancer story

I made a video about my experience with cancer. Please watch the video below. It says it all.  

My kids say the darndest things about cancer

IMG_1978

We’ve been very open (in an age appropriate way) with both Princess Peach and Little Dude about my cancer diagnosis and all of my treatments. They know that I had a boo-boo in my boob, that I had medicine (chemotherapy) to make mommy better and surgery to take the boo-boo out.  Although they don’t know [...]

Cancer plays mind games

IMG_7975

  I think I’m a pretty positive person. I would say that 95 % of the time I’m positive. Positive about me getting through treatments. Positive about me kicking cancer’s ass. Positive about me being around for a really, really long time. The other 5% of the time (which I try not to focus on) [...]

Princess Peach donated 8 inches to @Pantene #BeautifulLengths #8or8 #pgmom

pantene beautiful lengths hair donation

Disclosure: I am a P&Gmom/mamanP&G. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events and opportunities. The opinions on this blog are my own. In my just over four years of being a parent, there have been so many times that I have been proud of Princess [...]

Will you give #8or8 this Saturday with @Pantene #BeautifulLength National Donate Your Hair Day? #PGmom

FullSizeRender(5)

  Disclosure: I am a P&Gmom/mamanP&G. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events and opportunities. The opinions on this blog are my own. This post is very near and dear to my heart. You see I’ve been on both sides of hair donation. Three years [...]

My kids are the best medicine

IMG_7943

Dealing with cancer is difficult. But when you have cancer and young children, it is very difficult. Since my diagnosis, I have made an effort not to talk about my cancer, appointments or treatments in front of my children. I want their lives to stay as normal as possible and I think it has. Sure [...]