Princess Peach is 2.5 and still wears a diaper. Just like with getting rid of her bottle we have talked about how the diaper fairies are coming soon. They will leave her special nap and bedtime diapers only for big girls and they will leave her a present to pee in the toilet. We have had one success in the toilet a few weeks ago. Somehow she thinks that ONE time peeing in the toilet is the be all and end all of toilet training. Arg. Her teacher at school is on board also but Princess Peach tells her she’s not ready. In a few weeks the diapers will be disappearing! Wish me luck!!!
Together with Today’s Parent, P&G has created a handy chart to celebrate your child’s bathroom routine successes and get them excited. Simply post it in your bathroom and use a dry-erase marker so you can use the chart over and over each week. This helpful tool also comes with great tips and tricks to make the bathroom experience even easier.
Here are some to help with your current routine:
- Get kids in the habit of good brushing – let them brush on their own first, then review to make sure no areas are missed! Find the right toothbrush for your little ones’ brushing stage. Oral-B Stages are made for their stage and make brushing fun with their favourite Bathroom Buddies characters by their side. For kids three and up, try Oral-B Pro-Health Stages Disney My Friends Tigger and Pooh Power Toothbrush or Oral-B Pro-Health Stages Disney Pixar Monsters Inc. Power Toothbrush.
- Make sure your little ones know that an essential part of the bathroom routine is cleaning up when you’re done. Teaching them the right way to wipe is especially important for girls. For their precious skin, find a soft bath tissue, like Charmin Ultra Soft, and teach them how much to use.
- Setting a routine for potty training is an important step for success. Visit the bathroom together after all meals and liquids, and before and after sleeps and going out. When your little one is ready, they can start the potty training journey with friends Dora and Diego on their Pampers Easy Ups, designed for all day training.
Are you a tech savvy parent? With help from Charmin, Pampers and Oral-B, Canada’s favourite parenting magazine, has developed a new tool – Today’s Parent Milestone App – helping parents track their little one’s progress on a smart phone or tablet*! In the app, an interactive “bathroom buddy” helps children learn their bathroom routines through fun games on potty training and brushing their teeth.
Find out more about the app here
Win It!!! One lucky Canadian reader will win a Bathroom Buddies prize pack (arv $87). The prize pack contains:
- Pampers Easy Ups Boys 2T-3T
- Pampers Easy Ups Girls 2T-3T
- Pampers Sensitive Wipes
- Charmin Ultra Soft
- Today’s Parent with the Bathroom Buddies charts
- Oral-B Pro-Health Stages Disney My Friends Tigger and Pooh Power Toothbrush
- Oral-B Pro-Health Stages Disney Pixar Monsters Inc. Power Toothbrush
Disclosure: I am a P&Gmom. By entering the following contest you are accepting that if you win your contact information will be shared with a P&G PR and shipping agency for the purpose of mailing your prize. Please allow 4-6 weeks from the contest closure date to receive your prize.
This giveaway may appear on other blogs as part of the #PGmom/#mamanPG program. However, to be fair, you can only win once per giveaway. If your name is chosen more than once, another winner will be selected. All winners must be from within Canada.